Sunday 25 July 2010

Taz takes fame in his stride



Sunday 25th July - Torpo

Taz is gathering a loyal following in Norway. As we stopped to admire one of the bridges along the Atlantic Road above Alesund a German approached David to ask if Taz was still alive! Seems like he is a topic of conversation amongst the campervan community.

Had an early stop tonight to recharge all batteries including our own. On our way to the Atlantic Road David had to ask a garage if we could recharge the camera while we filled with petrol. We had discussed alternatives eg stopping for a coffee and asking a socket on the side but luckily the garage agreed.

This is a good campsite tho - not only have we got free internet (bit hit and miss but what there is is free!) but we can get telly too. Worked our way through our dvds over the last week. It was David's choice last night and I thought we were in for a comedy when he told me he'd chosen Jugheads. Bit of a shock when I saw it was Jarhead.

Starting to get to grips with Norwegian now. I know that "duj" is a shower and that "privat veg" is private road rather then someone being precious about their lettuces. But with some words I'd rather stick with my own translation - I was very disappointed to learn that "loppis" is Swedish for jumble. I preferred to believe people were selling rabbits. There's a Norwegian sign I see now and again for "hagsenter" and I like to think its a place us ladies can check into when we've been too long on the road and need some tlc! But I really must check out a road sign we saw today - a warning triangle with an exclamation mark and the word "bom". A trifle worrying.

Back on the way down to Stavanger tomorrow and it looks like it might be back to rain after a couple of days of blue skies - which reminds me, yesterday it was so sunny we made the mistake of going for a walk in a nature reserve. Unfortunately we took Taz too and David ended up having to carry him after we got lost!!


No comments:

Post a Comment